- by In Time Tec
Every month we share content that we are reading. This month, we dive into what our five founders are learning.
Harry S. Truman said it best, “Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.”
Independent learning is something that our founders do not take lightly here at In Time Tec. Reading is a simple way for our founders to expand their knowledge, build their expertise, and contribute to their growth as leaders.
Here is a closer look at the specific authors and books our founders are reading:
- Author Alan Watts. Discusses the meaning of life as well as the non-material pursuit of happiness.
- Authors Gary V. and Simon Sinek. Focus on leadership with an emphasis on teaching leaders and organizations how to inspire people and explain the importance of starting with “why”.
- Achieving DevOps: A Novel About Delivering the Best of Agile, DevOps, and Microservices, by Dave Harrison. A book by one of our collaborators in the Portland area. Harrison quotes one of our very own, Mike Kwan, three different times in the book.
- Nonviolent Communication: Create Your Life, Your Relationships, and Your World in Harmony with Your Values, by Marshall Rosenberg. A powerful reminder of the importance of connecting at the human level in empathetic listening and not showing up as judging, criticizing or making others wrong in our listening.
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance, by Angela Duckworth. A reminder that our state of being and actions are how we choose to show up in life and that how we choose to show up in life is determined by how life shows up for us.
- The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World, by Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu.
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life (Unfu*k Yourself series), by Gary John Bishop.
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code, by Martin Fowler and others. Discusses improving the quality of code by refactoring.
Bonus Material! Here’s what our founders are watching in addition to reading:
- Sadhguru’s videos on YouTube: Insights into the mechanisms of life are an outcome of the profound experience of the Self and serve as a guide to exploring the deeper dimensions of life.